Stile Alfa Romeo

tokyo gtv purchase

« Older   Newer »
ricky1750
view post Posted on 24/5/2011, 10:40 by: ricky1750

CITAZIONE (tokyo @ 24/5/2011, 11:28) 
thanks good info, just what i am looking for.
virtually all euro sportscars are imported into japan as "euro spec" (country of build) ....therefore all virtually all jpnese
porsche, sports editions of alfas, etc will be LHD.

Uhm.. i'm pretty sure that the RHD of the GT and GTV do exist (at least from what i've seen on video).
I AM sure that the GT is sold as RHD as the last GT in production was a limited version for Japan with the 3.2 v6 Busso (named Quadrifoglio Oro) which is definiteu RHD.

CITAZIONE (tokyo @ 24/5/2011, 11:28) 
can anyone explain the build plate............ & is their a VIN service offered by alfa (like porsche PET) where i can search vin to determine original build/engine #/option codes, etc.....thanks

The plate to my knowlege does not look nowhere similar to any plate i've seen in any numbered version modern Alfa.. it's no rule, but usually is polished (perhaps brushed) bright alluminiun, not bronze..
I do not want to put the car down, but given that:
1) Even if i'm no world expert on the GTV i've never ever heard about the "Corse" limited version
2) It's pretty impossible to google any information about it
3) It's not even mentioned in the RIAR (Registro Italiano Alfa Romeo) "closed list" of model of historical and collection interest
4) As far as i know the most interesting version for collection porpouse is well known to be the Cup
5) Honestly i do no really see Alfa Romeo putting such badges in such way in the back of the car
6) The rear wing doesnt look right at all

I would say it's not original... if you whish to give me some details/numbers is can ask a friend Alfa Dealer to do a search for you in the DB... maybe he can find something...

Edit: last think.. as far as i know, "Alfa Corse" does not exits and does not make much sense... Alfa racing dept was named Autodelta after '60, it was named Alfa Corse only from 38 to 59

31 replies since 24/5/2011, 07:47   2334 views